Supplication is one of the greatest deeds of worship that bring the slave closer to his Lord.
When we make dua we ask Allah SWT for asylum, it also shows that the humans are weak and have no ability to do anything without Allah’s SWT help. They need Allah SWT and how they are nothing without Him.
We are told to make dua and promised to answer sooner or later. Allah SWT is alive and generous, he doesn’t like that his servant will return empty hands disappointed The benefits of supplication are attributable to the slave himself. God is rich in His servants.
Here are the benefits of supplication:
- It is a great worship of Allah SWT and a way to get closer to Him.
- To show that a slave needs Allah SWT and humiliation.
- Supplication and resort to God Almighty.
- Getting a reward and virtues by applying this worship.
- It is an honor and pride for the believer to stand on the doorstep of the Most Gracious because in it there is a humiliation to humans.
- Dua can make trials and tribulations go away from your life, and the restoration of bad judgments, tribulations, plight, and calamities.
- A reason to get what is needed and make things easier.
- Remembrance of God and stay away from distractions.
- Relying on Allah alone and trusting him in his hands alone.
- Explain your worries to God Almighty and this brings comfort and tranquility.
- It lowers the burden from your heart and releases of worries.
- Life for hearts and light for faces. Bring livelihood.
- Increasing faith in Allah and His ability.
- It will be delayed for the Day of Resurrection and kept saved if it is not answered in this world.
Times for Dua to be Accepted
Allah SWT has promised His servants to answer their Duas in all circumstances and times, but there are specific times when the answer to dua is faster.
- The last third of the night, where the slave is alone with his Lord and calls up him while people are asleep, and at this time God Almighty descends down to the lowest heaven and calls for His slaves to make dua and answers them.
- A moment of Friday, it is said that it is the last moments before sunset that day.
- Laylat al-Qadr is the greatest night of all times.
- Prostrate in prayer, the time you can get closer to Allah SWT is the time when you are doing Sajdah.
- The time between the adhaan/azan and iqaamah.
- The day of Arafah is the greatest day of Hajj. One should also make as many duas as possible.
- While traveling. It is also mentioned in Hadith that making dua while one travels has many chances to be accepted.
- At the time of Iftar fasting, every day of the month of Ramadan.
- At the time of the battle, when it is a battle between Muslims and their enemies, if you make dua in the battlefield it would also be accepted.
Things that Prevent Duas to be Accepted:
- Eating money is haraam.
- Shirk, associating partners with Allah during supplication.
- Supplication for unjustly and transgression.
- Supplication for separation of kinship.
- Haste to answer the prayer.
The Etiquette of Supplication:
- start with the praise of Allah and praise him, then pray to the Messenger of Allah Muhammad peace be upon him.
- Trust in God and good thinking by him and certainty in the acceptance of Dua.
- The necessity in prayer and not to be hurried in the acceptance.
- The presence of the heart and prey and reverence, and devotion to God and ask him alone.
- Begin praying for yourself and then parents and kinship and then all Muslims.